We are currently representing Georgia homeowners and business owners with property damage claims caused by repeated flooding of stormwater runoff, sewer backups and the toxic contamination of private property, which includes claims for:
- Development and inadequate storm water drainage causing the repeated flooding of property,
- Inadequate drainage resulting in repeated raw sewage backups, or
- Contamination of groundwater and soil from manufacturing facilities, plants, underground storage facilities and dumps.
In each of these situations, state laws of nuisance, and some federal laws, may allow for the property owner to recover damages for the repair costs to their property, for the reduction in the fair market value of their property, for the loss of use and enjoyment of their property and, in some cases, for personal injuries associated with exposure to these contaminants.
Some examples of possible water contaminants include:
- Organic checmicals such as petroleum, detergents and insecticides
- Inorganic chemicals such as fertilizers, heavy metals, and ammonia
- Pathogens (bacteria, germs) such as salmonella, E.coli and giardia
The lawyers at Martin & Jones have years of proven experience in handling nuisance law and toxic tort claims. Attorney Sam Starks has helped property owners in many counties including: Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Fulton, Heard, Paulding, Richmond and Rockdale counties.