Three Reasons Why You Should Hire a Durham Truck Accident Lawyer
There is no legal obligation for you to hire a lawyer if you have been involved in a truck accident. If you have not been seriously injured and are certain you won’t have any uncovered losses, it may make sense for you to simply move on with your life. Unfortunately, many people realize that they should have hired a lawyer only when it is too late. They may have medical bills they can’t pay, lost wages, and severe injuries that have left them wondering if life will ever be the same. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, you should at least speak with a Durham truck accident lawyer before making any decisions about your case.
1. There Are Multiple Parties Involved
Because tractor-trailers are so big and heavy, it is not uncommon for them to collide with multiple vehicles in the event of an accident. If there are multiple vehicles involved in your accident it can make your case significantly more complex. For example:
- There may not be sufficient insurance coverage to cover all claims.
- The negligence of other drivers may have contributed to the accident, complicating the question of who is at fault.
- Drivers may have conflicting accounts of what happened making it difficult to identify the cause of the accident.
An experienced Durham truck accident lawyer who has handled truck accidents involving multiple vehicles will know how to sort through the issues and help you successfully pursue your claim.
2. Truck Accidents Have Unique Issues
Similar to many car accidents, many truck accidents are the result of simple errors or negligence on the part of the driver. However, many other truck accidents have unique aspects that may play a role in your case:
- Was the driver and/or trucking company in compliance with all federal, state, and local trucking regulations?
- Was the accident caused by a mechanical issue on the truck due to negligent maintenance?
- Is the driver an employee of the trucking company or an independent contractor? Is there some other corporate entity that may be responsible for the accident, such as the party who was responsible for loading the truck?
- Was the accident caused by an unbalanced or unsecured load?
- Was the truck carrying hazardous materials that caused additional injuries?
An experienced Durham truck accident lawyer will be able to identify these issues and determine how they affect your case.
3. You Have Suffered Serious Injuries That Require Extensive Medical Treatment
Because of their size and weight, truck accidents can result in catastrophic injuries and even death. Even if you have health insurance, the potential long-term cost of your injuries can be significant. While most of your medical bills may be covered, you may have expensive deductibles or copays that can accumulate over time. In addition, your injuries may require you to miss work. The lost income stemming from your accident could impose a heavy financial burden on top of any uncovered medical expenses you are already facing. Working with a Durham truck accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you need to cover all of the losses caused by your accident.
Talk to a Durham Truck Accident Lawyer at Martin & Jones
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation to cover your medical bills, lost income, and any other losses caused by your accident. To discuss your case and what it may be worth, contact us today at 800-662-1234 to schedule a free consultation.Share This
The law firm you choose makes a difference. If you are the victim of an accident or an illness that someone else caused, the North Carolina personal injury law firm of Martin & Jones has the depth of experience, skills and sensitivity to make your road to recovery as smooth as possible. Whether you have experience with the legal system or have never hired a medical malpractice or personal injury lawyer before, our attorneys and staff will do our best to answer your questions, provide clear advice and prepare you and your family for what to expect. If you would like more information or to meet with one of our attorneys, please fill out the form below or call us at 800.662.1234.