Join the Martin & Jones Team
Martin & Jones, PLLC, fosters an enthusiastic and team-oriented work atmosphere based on mutual respect and a heart-felt commitment to the work that we do. Our strength of purpose and commitment to helping others who have been harmed is the product of our diverse backgrounds and experiences.
The firm was recognized in 2013 by Business North Carolina magazine as one of the Best Employers in North Carolina.
We welcome inquiries from potential employment applicants who share our commitment.
Martin & Jones, PLLC, is an equal opportunity employer.
Martin & Jones has an immediate opening for a hardworking, client service-oriented team member to speak with a high volume of prospective client callers seeking representation. Through established protocol, the Intake Specialist will engage and ask a series of questions to compile necessary information to direct potential clients to the appropriate team member for further review and processing. As an Intake Specialist, you will ensure a memorable experience by building excellent rapport and confidence, identifying the callers’ needs, and taking strategic action in a timely manner to help determine if we can assist the caller on their legal case.
The Intake Specialist will be speaking with people who have suffered a tragic loss or severe injury and must be able to convey empathy and compassion over the phone. Often the first point of contact for our clients, the Intake Specialist plays a vital role in determining our clients’ satisfaction. Candidates with a background in personal injury/medical malpractice are highly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take incoming phone calls from potential new clients seeking legal representation with professionalism and courtesy
- Complete and process detailed intake data efficiently and in accordance with law firm protocols
- Perform duties of a highly confidential nature, respecting caller dignity and confidentiality
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and the ability to calm callers who may be distraught
- Use of case management system to compile, type, input, revise, edit, print, email, and store documents and data
- Communicate with other team members constructively and effectively to advance each call inquiry/matter through to the next appropriate level of processing and/or to completion
- Make outgoing phone calls to schedule appointments, request supplemental information, prepare correspondence, and calendar tasks for follow-up
- Build the initial client relationship and confidence in our firm with every prospective client interaction
- Use good judgment to discern what issues may be urgent and need an attorney’s and/or shareholder’s attention immediately
- Track and manage all intakes
- Handle all declines and case sign-ups as necessary
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in a law firm or customer service environment, preferably working in personal injury/medical malpractice
- Strong people skills
- Excellent telephone, communication, and active listening skills
- Knowledge in computer technology (MS Office, Outlook), including the ability to learn new programs/technology quickly
- Multi-tasking skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Must possess the law firm’s core values and be driven by a desire for the firm to achieve successful outcomes and provide clients with outstanding service and care
- Ability to assist highly stressed and emotional individuals, calmly and professionally
- Responsible, dependable, and punctual
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage (eligibility requirements)
- Short and long-term disability (eligibility requirements)
- 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan (eligibility requirements)
- Flexible spending account
- Vacation, firm holidays, personal/sick days (eligibility requirements)
- Professional development assistance
- Employee assistance program
- Free Parking
8:30-5:00 Monday through Friday
THIS IS AN IN-OFFICE POSITION
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE from candidates or agencies
Martin & Jones will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Unsolicited resumes submitted by agencies will become the property of Martin & Jones and will not obligate Martin & Jones to pay any fees to the submitting agency and will not constitute a contract of any kind between the submitting agency and our law firm.
Please submit a resume, references, and salary expectations to HR@m-j.com.
Federal Transparency in Coverage
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.