Join the Martin & Jones Team
Martin & Jones, PLLC, fosters an enthusiastic and team-oriented work atmosphere based on mutual respect and a heart-felt commitment to the work that we do. Our strength of purpose and commitment to helping others who have been harmed is the product of our diverse backgrounds and experiences.
The firm was recognized in the February issue of Business North Carolina magazine as one of the 2013 Best Employers in North Carolina.
We welcome inquiries from potential employment applicants who share our commitment.
Martin & Jones, PLLC, is an equal opportunity employer.
Martin & Jones, PLLC is seeking a full-time Litigation Paralegal. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For confidential consideration, please submit a resume, references, and salary expectations to HR@m-j.com.
Seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal to provide case management and support to litigation team. The ideal candidate for this job has strong technical and communication skills, enjoys client interaction, and is resourceful and organized.
- Positive contact with clients, experts, witnesses and court personnel
- Management of electronic case file by organizing and analyzing cases from intake to conclusion continuously assisting in case progression and preparation for settlement, mediation, and/or trial
- Drafts correspondence, pleadings, and discovery documents
- Obtains, organizes and summarizes complex medical records
- Utilizes investigative tools and conducts case, medical, and legal research
- Prepares presentation materials, reports, summaries, chronologies, timelines and spreadsheets
- Conducts interviews and prepares witness statements
- Summarizes deposition transcripts
- Conducts jury pool investigations
- Coordinates setup and utilization of trial presentation software and audio visual tools
- Travels for trial appearances that may last two or more weeks several times annually
Qualifications and Skills include:
- College degree and paralegal certificate
- Prior work experience as a Litigation Paralegal and a proven ability to communicate effectively with lawyers, clients, medical experts, and staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF file utilization, case management applications, and trial presentation tools
- Excellent writing skills and keen attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, the ability to multi-task, and to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze and revise work practices to continuously improve efficiency
Federal Transparency in Coverage
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.